Thursday, September 17, 2009

Day Off



Dead Sea Scroll Exhibition  死海古卷展览



 Martin Luther




Display Bibles




 tea time after visiting Dead Sea Scrolls - Mocha & Brownie


17 Sep, Thursday  - Day off: Foot massage, Dead Sea Scroll exhibition, High Tea , Cell group leader bible study.. 

Give myself a day off. I am bit tired recently, therefore, decided to give myself a day break. I went for foot massage after finishing some minor housework. Follow by enjoyed my lunch at cozy cafe and read the cell group material (got cell grp leader bible study at night time). After that, heading myself to today's MAIN purpose -  Dead Sea Scroll exhibition. On the way there, I went to a bible bookshop to update myself for some new release book. I spent a while to make some reading.. yeah yeah... !!

Thanks God.. very nice weather which I never expected.. :) Carry my digital camera and treat myself as a tourist.. went to the place which is definitely not a new place for me but I tried to make myself 完全的放松心情,到处走走,拍拍风景,拍拍建筑物。原来, 心情放宽了, 人也自然觉得轻松多了, 轻松了,自然心情也轻飘起来了。。

我慢慢的观赏死海古卷展览,细听工作人员的讲解,就这样的我享受了三个小时。。 慢慢的看,用心的听,用心的去体会,去了解。我只能说有这是个很好的学习与体验。很难得的机会可以观赏到如此宝贵的珍藏,可以有机会多了解圣经的由来,被翻译,被抄写。

坦白说,我的心是感动的,是沸腾无比的。看到耶稣时代的铜钱,看到那寡妇的两个银钱,看到耶稣的油灯,看到一本本历史悠久的圣经。不同的语言,不同的文字,但却是为了同一个内容而努力。看到每一位历史伟人为神的道,神的话所付出的贡献。。

这一趟,开阔了我的视野,也打开了我的心,让我对放在我桌前的圣经不只是觉得神的话的尊贵,还多了一份“尊敬的心”。敬佩那些为它默默付出的伟人们。。 所以,不要以为你手上的圣经是自然而成的。

真棒!很棒的一天,我的身,心,灵都再次的更新。
谢谢如此疼爱我的父神。。

2 comments:

Marlene Lo said...

is this exhibition permanent of.. temp?

Bern said...

wow so enjoy!!!